History of Tambourine & Surrounds – Year 1814

‘The Year Was .. 1814’ As promised in the last edition, we are going back to…

History of Tambourine & Surrounds – Part 14

1990s to 2019 The Auchenflower House in the Toowong Parish, previously home to a nunnery, was…

History of Tambourine & Surrounds – Part 13

1971 to 1997 In 1971, Arthur Page constructed a new observatory atop Mt Tamborine (as known…

History of Tambourine & Surrounds – Part 12

1847 to 1968 Following the war, in 1947 a large amount of the now Yarrabilba estate…

History of Tambourine & Surrounds – Part 11

1874 to 1970 School As a point of interest, in 1921, the population of Tamborine was…

History of Tambourine & Surrounds – Part 10

1936 to 1948 In 1936 a letter was sent to the Department of Agriculture asking that…

History of Tambourine & Surrounds – Part 9

1936 to 1955 One of our loyal readers, Keith Dean, has provided an interesting photographic insight…

History of Tambourine & Surrounds – Part 8

1942 to 1947 For this edition, we will concentrate on the construction of Camp Cable which…

History of Tambourine & Surrounds – Part 7

c.1876 to 1942 An important note of interest for the beginnings of Tambourine, is that the…

History of Tambourine & Surrounds – Part 6

1915 to 1942 When local grazier Robert Collins first learned of the declaration of the world’s…

History of Tambourine & Surrounds – Part 5

1902 to 1916 The Federation Drought began in 1895 and reached its peak in 1901 and…

History of Tambourine & Surrounds – Part 4

1884 to 1902 In 1862, the Lahey family emigrated from Ireland with eleven children. In 1875,…