Monthly Report On Community Happenings
Some of the items addressed at the Tamborine and Districts Citizens Association Inc’s monthly meeting for November were:
- TDCA Inc Markets – Wow, 28 stalls for our November market! And the sausage sizzle went really well – we got down to crust ends once again! A shame the rain had to come and spoil things, but over all a good day in a happy, relaxed environment. Thanks to Andrew for putting out the slow down signs and flags, Jeff for helping set up and cooking snags, and thanks to Syd and Pauline for always being there. Also, a big thank you to all the others who have helped over the past year. Looking forward to the next Tamborine Community Country Market on 18 December
– our last market for the year!
- Tamborine’s Remembrance Day Service – the Tamborine Cenotaph Committee, TDCA Inc, and the Tamborine Village Lions Club joined to hold the Remembrance Day Commemorative Service at the Tamborine Cenotaph on 11 November 2022.
A very moving ceremony was held with many local residents in attendance.
- Australia Day Award – open for nomination of a person of note who has made a difference in the local community.
- Growth Management Strategy – please join ‘Let’s Talk Scenic Rim’ for further info about local growth.
- New CEO – has been installed for Scenic Rim Regional Council.
First meeting for 2023 is on Monday 13 February at 7pm @ Tamborine Memorial Hall, Tamborine
“Come along and have your say about any issues, concerns, or suggestions you may have for the local community!”