Caring For Our Local Community
Lions’ Fundraising Gives Help … And Hope
Tamborine Village Lions Club recently cooperated with Tamborine & District Citizens Association and Tamborine Memorial Hall to put on a Remembrance Day Ceremony.
We have had two fund-raising BBQs in the last month one for TEG Horses in Tamborine and the other for the Reliability Trials Club of Brisbane Inc (RTCB) which was held at Moorang near Aratula. Lots of hard work by ourselves and three helpers from Helensvale Lions Club.
At a recent meeting Tamborine Village Lions approved donations of just over $20,000 from our fund-raising events so far this financial year.
Some Of Our Beneficiaries Include:
• Rosies – which provides meals for the homeless
• Cystic Fibrosis Australia
• PCYC Beenleigh – used for gyms, blue light discos (Covid permitting) and keeping young people occupied
• Centre for Women – a service providing domestic violence support
• Orange Sky – provide washing machines etc for the homeless
• Kids Helpline – who are overrun with calls from children as young as eight talking about suicide.
• Lions Cord Blood Foundation – is a bank for blood collected from umbilical cords which is used for stem cell research and treatment of various blood and paraplegic conditions
• Lions Medical Research Foundation – provide foundation funding to scientists in the medical field. Current researchers are working on an early test for ovarian cancer and work on gestational diabetes.
• Provision of a Purpose-Built Wheelchair – (with the help of the Australian Lions Foundation) for a very special child from Tamborine
• Australian Lions Childhood Cancer Research Foundation
– for which $689 was raised from our Markets
We greatly thank our supporters who have enabled us to make these donations.
If anyone would like to join us, membership enquiries can be made of Phil on 0411 708 234.