AGM Held – New Committee Elected
Items addressed for the Tamborine and Districts Citizens Association Inc’s monthly meeting for September were:
• The dumped sofa at Mundoolun Bridge area was removed, but the tyre pile at Walnut Road is still to be picked up.
• There have been many accidents lately in the Tamborine area, including 2 on the Mundoolun Connection, 3 on the road to Canungra, 2 bikes collided at the corner of the main road outside of the local market, and a very unfortunate accident in the Riemore Estate.
• It was noted that there were many smashed cars waiting for collection in the area, such as a red car near Flagstone Creek, a silver car before Beaudesert, another before Canungra, and a yellow one on the mountain road. Although slow to pick up, it is not a council issue, rather a mains road issue. For any council road issues, please call 07 5540 5111.
• The funds donated by Riemore for a shade sail over the skate park (disallowed by council) are to be directed to another sports use within the Tamborine Memorial Hall precinct.
• Pauline and Syd Norman informed that recently undertaken training for Evacuation Centre Management was “very good and informative, and provided some useful guidelines and procedures.” It was noted that in a disaster, volunteers would ultimately start the process for a ‘management statewide facilitated’ management team inc. Red Cross Rapid Relief Team (RRT) to then come in to further coordinate.
• The Council Works Department was currently working with Riemore for establishment of a playground, tracks, and a bus stop.
• Guest to the meeting, Cr Jeff McConnell informed that he would like to hold a consultive community meeting in November with provision of a sausage sizzle – more to follow.
The General Meeting was closed, and the AGM was held installing a new committee:
President Syd Norman
Vice President Rick Kennish
Treasurer Kym Hurst
Secretary Kerri Cryer
The outgoing committee of Gary Hamblyn (retiring Acting President), Nicole Pardilanan (outgoing Secretary), and Kym Hurst (re-elected Treasurer) were greatly thanked for their services over the past year.
If you would like to voice your opinion about any issues or concerns for the community, please join the TDCA Inc at their monthly meetings for an effective platform on which to discuss local matters in the area. “Come Along And Have Your Say!”
The next meeting is on Monday 11 October at 7pm at the hall.