Father’s Day Raffle Winners …
A big ‘THANK YOU’ to all our local businesses who donated raffle prizes for our Father’s Day Raffle, and to Lions Jean and Stu who coordinated this project to make it successful
Congratulations To The Winners:
- $100 Bunnings Voucher from Bunnings Bethania. Won by Chris from Tamborine
- $100 Bunnings Voucher from Bunnings Bethania. Won by Sharon from Canungra Post Office, Canungra
- $100 Hardware and Supplies Voucher from Tamborine Village Hardware and Supplies, Tamborine. Won by De from Redland Bay
- $100 Voucher for advertising in the 2022 Canungra Calendar from Canungra Calendars, Canungra. Won by Abi from Canungra
- $50 Bunnings Voucher from Bunnings Bethania. Won by Dan from the Gold Coast
- $50 Canungra Hotel voucher from Canungra Hotel. Won by Erwin from Loganholme
- $50 Shell Tamborine Fuel Voucher plus a very special bottle of Bundaberg Rum from Shell Tamborine. Won by Peter from Yarrabillba
- The Gift basket from Logan Pharmacy, Logan. Won by Scherrie – Market Stallholder
Busy Time For The Lions!
Tamborine Village Lions Club had a busy month with fundraisers. It was a very early start to a beautiful day for Lions catering at the RTCB Bikes Event in the stunning Aratula location on 29 August. It was a long but pleasant day at which 12 Lions members cooked sausages, hamburgers, etc, for a lot of hungry trailbike riders.
The monthly Tamborine Village Markets coincided with Fathers’ Day. Many friendly stallholders were in attendance including most of our regulars plus a new fruit and veg stall. The multiple draw Fathers’ Day raffle was drawn with many of the prizes donated by local businesses.
Tamborine Village Lions also ran a sausage sizzle at Bunnings in Bethania on the 18th September. This is a good fundraiser for the Club which allows donations to people and bodies in need.
Planned events for October are the regular Monthly Markets at the Tamborine Memorial Hall on 3 October, another catering event for RCTB Bikes this time just out of Beaudesert on 17 October, and a two-catering catering event for the TEG Horses at Creamer Road, Tamborine on 30 and 31 October.
There will also be on Saturday 23rd of October at 2pm, the opening of the Memorial Stone to honour our past members. The club will be announcing shortly its donations made from the funds raised during the past year. Planning is also underway for the Christmas Carols and Twilight Markets to be held on 3 December.
(By The Secretary)
The Lions Agenda … (dependent upon Covid Restrictions)
• Sunday 3 October – Lions Markets – Sausage Sizzle
• Sunday 17 October – RCTB Bikes – Catering
• Saturday 23 October – Memorial Stone Opening – Event
• Sat & Sun 30/31 October – TEG Horse Event – Catering
• Sunday 7 November – Lions Markets – Sausage Sizzle
• Friday 3 December – Christmas Carols – Twilight Market